Thursday, March 24, 2011

Same Health Issues, New dog!

Hello everyone.

First to update you on my health...

I am still on a liquid diet.  I drink Ensure shakes and eat soup for dinner.  I probably could go off of the diet and start slowly back to real food, but it has been SO nice being without any GIT issues that I am perfectly content to stay on the liquid diet.

I have been feeling better lately than I was feeling the last couple of weeks, but my neurological symptoms have gone completely haywire. 

My brain fog is KILLING me.  Yesterday I somehow managed to forget just about everything and confuse ALL of my clients around and also get lost going to the same park I go about 4 or 5 days per week.

It is one thing to be in physical pain, it is another to feel like you are losing your mind.

For me, there is not much worse than feeling like my brain doesn't work.  It is a painful reality of my diseases, and there is no medication that can treat it. 

On the bright side, I am fostering a new dog who is WONDERFUL and has brought some new light into my life.  I am technically just fostering him right now, but will most likely end up permanently adopting him.

I was called to the Humane Society to do a behavior evaluation on a blue Pit Bull, and ended up taking him home.  His name is Gunner, he is a year old TOPS, and is a big goofy baby. 

The dogs have been a life raft in the middle of a storm, a flowering bud through the thicket of thorns.

They make my life so much more enjoyable and bright, even on the darkest of days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment