Saturday, April 16, 2011

Still Asking Questions and Still Looking for Answers

It has been almost a month since I have posted, and unfortunately not very much has changed.

I went in for a colonoscopy this past Friday, and the results are the same as the upper scope:  inflammation and redness. 

My digestive system looks and acts like I have IBS and Crohn's Disease even though I test negative for both.

It just looks like I have Lyme and the Ehrlichias, and they are wreaking havoc on my body on their own, without the "help" of a GIT disease.

I think the most frustrating and disappointing thing about all of this is that I have been off my antibiotics for over a month because we were concerned they were the cause of my issues, but they weren't.  So now I have been off the drugs that will kill what is making me this ill.

I go see my LLMD on the 28th, and I can't wait for a new game plan and some new ideas about what is going on. 

Lately my nerves have been going HAYWIRE and I am also covered in disturbing bruises with unknown origins.  My body feels like it is failing on me almost every day.  Sometimes I am almost surprised to wake up in the morning.

This is such a scary and mysterious disease.  It makes you feel like you have NO control over your body, your brain, your life....

I can only hope that I have the strength to push forward and carry on no matter what obstacles come in my way.  I don't have very much to say right now, I feel broken and beaten down by all of this. 

I will post again after my LLMD appointment, but for now I will leave you with these song lyrics by John Mayer.  Love you all.

Come out angels
Come out ghosts
Come out darkness
Bring everyone you know

I'm not running
I'm not scared
I am waiting and well prepared

I'm in the war of my life
At the door of my life
Out of time and there's nowhere to run

I've got a hammer
And a heart of glass
I got to know right now
Which walls to smash

I got a pocket
Got no pills
If fear hasn't killed me yet
Then nothing will

All the suffering
And all the pain
Never left a name
The war of my life
At the door of my life
Out of time and there's nowhere to run

I'm in the war of my life
At the core of my life
Got no choice but to fight 'til it's done

No more suffering
No more pain
Never again

I'm in the war of my life
At the door of my life
Out of time and there's no where to run

I'm in the war of my life
I'm at the core of my life
Got no choice but to fight 'til it's done

So fight on (I won't give in)
Fight on everyone (I won't run)
Fight on (I won't stop for anyone)
Got no choice but to fight 'til it's done

Fight on (I won't give in)
Fight on everyone (I won't run)
Fight on (I won't stop for anyone)
Got no choice but to fight 'til it's done

3 comments:

  1. A very big hug to you. I am also having a very hard time lately. My neurological system is taxed big time. It is so frustrating to not be able to feel "normal". I hope your meeting with your LLMD brings clarity and a plan that will ease your suffering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog today and I'm going to put a link to your blog on mine. My heart is breaking for you because you're having such a hard time. It's all to familiar for me and many others! You are courageous to share your story.

    Yes, this disease is scary and unpredictable, but never forget, the very next medicine you try might be the one that brings you the relief you've been hoping and fighting for, so never, ever give up!

    Keep finding a reason to smile and to put smiles on the faces of your doggies! I love your background pic.

    Hugs from one Lymie to another!

    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there girl! It sure is a rough disease but we are all here for you! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete